The Bob Dykes Memorial Scholarship annually recognizes a Youth bowler that bowls at a BCAF member center for their community involvement and academic achievements. One winner will be chosen and awarded a $1,000 scholarship.
The Bowling Centers Association of Florida presents this prestigious scholarship in honor of the late Bob Dykes. Bob was dedicated to helping youth bowlers and the BCAF is proud to continue these efforts in his name.
Eligibility and Requirements – Must include all listed below, otherwise application will be denied!
- You must be graduating high school in spring of 2024.
- You must be a current USBC Youth member.
- You must bowl at a Bowling Centers Association of Florida (BCAF) member center (look on bcaf.us under member centers)
and reside in the State of Florida.
- You must have a current GPA of 3.5 or better, based on a 4.0 scale.
- Completed application – Your Essay, Academic/School Involvement and Community Service must be typed!
- Include a headshot photo (JPEG, PNG or PDF).
- Include at least one (1) letter of reference (by a teacher/coach, principal, bowling center owner/General Manager)
(Partial or incomplete applications will not be accepted).
Please attach the following documents:
- A copy of your last report card.
- A document listing any AP/Honors courses you have completed or are currently taking.
- A document listing all scholastic honors or awards (i.e. National Honor Society, Honor Roll, 1st-place in science competition, etc.)
- A document listing all extracurricular activities (i.e. school clubs, newspaper, yearbook, etc.)
- A document listing any high school sports played and years played.
Please answer the following questions in a separate document and upload the document here. Please include as much detail as possible.
- List all community volunteer activities and years involved (i.e. church, mission trips, etc.)
- List other activities such as Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, bowling offices held, etc.
- List any scholarships you have received by name and amount. If they are managed through SMART just state SMART and total amount in SMART account.
Please upload a typed essay (double-spaced) of 1,000 words or more on how bowling has influenced your life and what your future aspirations are. Besides your grades, this is the most important part of the application, so really put some effort in on this part.
Only the winning applicant will be notified directly. The winner’s identity will be published on www.bcaf.us and in other BCAF publications.